Saturday, February 09, 2008

haircut

I got my haircut last night and I discussed the option of growing my hair long. Somewhere in that chat, I said that the bad thing about long hair is that I'd have to spend time on it and I'm just a wash'n'go type of gal. He then said, which I thought was funny, "If you spend 5 minutes on your hair in the morning, it looks like you've spend 5 minutes. If you spend 20 minutes, it looks like you put some time into it." I decided that I'm quite ok with spending 5 minutes on it vs 20, and that even more so, I'm quite happy to know that people would think I only spent 5 minutes on it rather than 20 - even if that's scandalous in the hairstylin' world. Because really, there's more to life than worrying about your hair. Verdict: Long hair is unlikely coming anytime soon.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Just had to chime in on the haircut thing. I'd say it's your hairdresser's job to give you a haircut that makes you look like you've spent 20 minutes on your hair, when you've only spent 5 minutes.

From the ultimate wash 'n go (or roll out of bed 'n go) gal.