I was hopeful to get in to medicine, now I'm wanting to stay hopeful IN medicine. This is one of the ways I do that.
Monday, February 11, 2008
Flashback
...to my previous life in the field of corporate social responsibility.
I finally had the chance today to go to Elite Cleaners. Being the geek that I am, I have actually been looking forward to have dry cleaning to take to them after I learned of them through an Ethics In Action award ceremony in Vancouver a few years ago. They are a leader in earth-friendly professional cleaning (it turns out it's wet vs dry cleaning, but has the same end result). The previous owner ended up having such an influence on Princess Cruise Lines that they changed the cleaning facilities in their entire fleet to mirror this little enviro-gem and reduce their environmental impact as a result. Sadly, Elite didn't benefit from that transformation one iota and it subsequently changed ownership. However, the man I met today didn't seem surprised when I said I was excited to finally bring in my cleaning to them (I don't really wear fancy clothes anymore so it's taken me a while to build up some "dry clean only" items). He and his wife are equally as enthusiastic as me (and a little moreso, I expect) and are keen to gear up their facilities and subsequently their marketing efforts to attract more business from people like me. And in Victoria there's a whole lotta people looking to support enviro-friendly businesses. Good news for my Vancouver buddies - they plan to expand to Vancouver within the next 3 years or so. Yay for green business!!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment