I was hopeful to get in to medicine, now I'm wanting to stay hopeful IN medicine. This is one of the ways I do that.
Tuesday, February 26, 2008
fingers crossed
Well, the rankings for our rural placement this summer have been submitted and I'll find out on Friday where I'm going for the month of July. Yesterday I was talking to one of my classmates, (who's super smart & lots of fun) and he told me that he already knows that he's going to the city that I ranked as my #1 place because he has a young family so had priority in placement. If I get to go to the same place, he offered to have me stay with him in his relative's huge house just 10 minutes out of town AND moments away from the Kingfisher (for which it's possible to get a community membership and for which he is as big a fan as I am. he got married there and is pumped at the prospect of living so close to it). Anyway, I would be delighted to end up going to the same place as him because I'd get to learn a lot from him (he's super keen too and has already done many of the procedures you learn during 3rd year like putting in chest tubes, central lines, crazy things like that) and have a free place to stay. So my fingers are crossed until the end of the week.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment