I was hopeful to get in to medicine, now I'm wanting to stay hopeful IN medicine. This is one of the ways I do that.
Thursday, January 31, 2008
honesty
The other day a girl in my class surprised me. She just recently purchased a new car which is a standard. As she told me about her purchase, she described the lengths she had to go to to get it over to the island from Vancouver because of her inability to drive it. (She doesn't know how to drive it yet.) When I asked her why she'd buy a standard when she doesn't know how to drive one, she said, "Because eventually I intend to buy a porsche but I don't want to learn how to drive standard on a porsche." While I was a little taken aback, you can't really fault her for being honest. She wants to be a surgeon. I think she'll be good at that.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Hmmm ... given that line of reasoning I am not sure if I would be comfortable being operated on by her. Doesn't sound all that intelligent! ;-)
Why are people so fascinated by cars? Particularly luxury ones?
Post a Comment