I was hopeful to get in to medicine, now I'm wanting to stay hopeful IN medicine. This is one of the ways I do that.
Monday, November 13, 2006
Written on Nov 13th ... but delayed post
A few disconnected thoughts I put together last week but didn't try to tie together...
Last night, I heard myself saying to my parents that my evening was a nice change of pace from the usual studying because instead I was writing a 10 page paper.
However, don't feel too sorry for me. I did get out this weekend to see a movie called The Prestige. It's pretty good and the inclusion of a physicist in the movie made me more curious about his work - Dr. Tesla. I think a movie that gets me interested in physics has accomplished quite a feat! Well, that's not true. For me physics is like running. I want to like it, in fact I want to love it because my life would be much easier if I did. But I don't. In fact I hate doing it. I've tried (both physics and running), given it a fair shake but in the end, I just crash and burn. Oh well. I think I need to focus on playing to my strengths. Now to just uncover what those are. :)
This semester, my classmates are generally finding one week that helps them feel right at home; a week in which the material is just a review of something they did their entire undergrad degree. Sadly for me, we have not been discussing marketing concepts for physicians.
Last week I went on a tour of Canuck Place, an amazing children's hospice located in a beautiful mansion in Vancouver. The facilities and the services they provide to families for respite and end of life care sound wonderful. A friend of mine that used to volunteer there said that the most heartbreaking experience of working there, was seeing families torn apart by dealing with the terminal illness facing one of their children. I can only imagine how difficult that must be.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment