I was hopeful to get in to medicine, now I'm wanting to stay hopeful IN medicine. This is one of the ways I do that.
Monday, November 20, 2006
More catch up
I know, I've been a poor blogger. In fact, you should be happy to know that currently the blog is not the centre of my social life as I expect it to become as the years go on. Actually, I kind of forgot about it. Oh well. The upside is that my delay seemed to bring a few commenters out of the woodwork! :) Thanks for that LA & Kirst.
Yes, as you hear on the radio, in Vancouver we currently have the convenience of camping without leaving home. Boiled & bottled water are the new mainstays. It's really not been a problem for me but I do worry about the elderly and people who are not well enough to manage to get either. Must be difficult. I've been talking to some people that are just using the water to brush their teeth, wash veggies, etc anyway. However, perhaps since they're medical students they figure that they have quick access to medical attention if required (from profs that is, not classmates).
Other recent events? I went to Bodyworlds finally last weekend with my cousins. It was pretty good, especially the embryos which we'll never see in the lab, but overall I was a bit disappointed. I had really gotten my hopes up and after doing anatomy lab each week, it was a bit underwhelming. It's pretty cool though for people who don't get to get up close and personal with a cadaver each week.
The only other recent event has been studying. There sure is a lot to know! However, I'll do my best to keep up with the blog at least weekly.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment