Off I go!
- I had my final oral exams last weekend and they went quite well I think. I had a fabulous weekend in Vancouver. We had to go there for the exams so the school paid up to $250 for accomodation and $150 for travel to/from. My classmate scored us amazing rooms in downtown Vancouver at a cheap rate at the Hotel Vancouver because her brother-in-law works there. We had dinners out at my favorite restaurants, and I got a chance to visit with some 3 non-med friends too! Basically I had a little vacation in Vancouver with a couple of exams tacked on to my weekend for good measure. It was great.
- Today I'm starting my residency interview tour so I'll likely be out of commission here for a while (though maybe not, we'll see). Here's the schedule:
- Jan 22 - Vancouver, UBC interview
- Jan 23 - Calgary, UCalgary interview
- Jan 24 - Calgary
- Jan 25 - Toronto & visit with dear friend Leigh Anne
- Jan 26 - Kingston, Queen's reception
- Jan 27 - Kingston for Queen's interview, return to Toronto
- Jan 28 - Halifax, Dalhousie reception
- Jan 29 - Halifax, Dalhousie interview
- Jan 30/31 - Hang out in Halifax with Lori (yay!), fly to Winnipeg
- Feb 1 - Winnipeg, interview at UManitoba
- Feb 2 - Winnipeg, Return to Victoria
- Whew. It's going to be action-packed, exhausting, anxiety-filled, super fun and exciting, all in one! I'll keep you posted on my impressions but so far, I'm thinking Halifax would be pretty cool for a couple of years. I've always wanted to live there.
- Stay tuned & know that i'll be waving to you from the sky as I pass you overhead. Hmm, I'm feeling a bit like a slightly slower-moving, empty handed Santa Claus.
No comments:
Post a Comment