Tuesday, January 12, 2010

My collection

  • I had the good fortune over the holidays to have a wee party and bring together some of the fabulous people I've met along the way of the zigs & zags of my life (just in Victoria, that is). One couple, whom I rarely see due to both of our busy schedules told me that as soon as they got the invitation they said "Yes" because they always meet such interesting people at my gatherings. While this was obviously a compliment for my friends, I soaked in the happy vibes of bringing such cool people together for their mutual enjoyment.
  • On a similar note, I've set up a meeting in early February with a female physician I greatly admire that I heard speak in December to our class. She has had multiple careers before medicine, worked in palliative care, headed up the physicians for nuclear disarmament meeting the Pope, Mother Theresa, etc through that organization, all while raising 7(!) children. Crazy!! Anyway, I'm keen to talk with her but really, I don't have any questions. I just want to add her to my collection of super cool people that inspire & delight me. Good thing I have a few weeks to come up with something more articulate to say.
  • Just wrote Exam # 1637 (well, it feels like it anyway) and my classmate reminded me that I only have 4 more exams left to write EVER!! And only 2 more THIS YEAR. WOOHOOO! It shocks (and excites) me to think that I can count on one hand the number of exams left, even if the number of hours of each exam doesn't quite fit the one hand rule. Bleh. Next up, my final oral exam on Sat/Sun in Vancouver.
  • Picked up my grad photos today. Last ones of those too. The end is in sight!

No comments: