Friday, August 14, 2009

Shock, awe and disappointment

  • Well. Hmm. This is a bit awkward. In the countdown to the end of third year I wasn't expecting a blip. I must say, I thought I'd be in the clear. So it is with much chagrin that I must share my most recent development. I failed an exam today. By one multiple choice question if you can believe it. ugh. Make it through an entire scholastic career of 23 (!) years with only one other failure (1st yr physics mid term exam (42%) which was just stoopid!) and then hit a wall with orthopedic surgery. Blew me out of the water when I hit finished on the exam and got that 58% back (50 questions worth 2 marks each) - especially when upon review I actually likely changed a right answer to a wrong one. Doofus!! I immediately went to find out when I'd be rewriting it (during my vacation of course) and then directly to my parents for some moral support. Perhaps it was because I was laughing in dismay and (mock?) horror that my Dad cracked joke after joke about it. (Actually, they were quite funny and he doesn't get a chance to make fun of my failures very often, luckily.)
  • So, I'm disappointed and shocked but you know, that's life. It's not the end of the world. Clinically my marks were great. Guess I'll take a few days off to lolly-gag about in Tofino and then start reading about the Ottawa Ankle rules again. bleh. :(
  • Besides, I guess now I can officially call myself a "Bonehead". hehe.
  • PS. Lest you should get the wrong impression, my parents are absolutely my #1 fans. They may like to take the piss outta me at times, but really I know the take away message is "don't take life/yourself so seriously." As I was leaving, Dad said "You're the only one that expects you to be perfect the first time." True enough.

No comments: