Wednesday, August 12, 2009

chipper!

  • Well, perhaps putting it out there helped to dispel my black cloud from last week because this week has been quite good so far! Although I must say that it's largely due to fun outside of work vs the hospital. On Sunday things started looking up after my Mom & Dad brought me some lovely lillies from their garden as a lovely surprise while I was out. I then booked a great little suite in Nelson for my fall rotation there. Had an awesome dinner last night with my ol' Nanaimo trailermate (who actually said "I miss the trailer" to me - or at least our nightly debrief sessions. I really enjoyed having a roommate again if for only a brief time!). In fact, I think we were having such a good time that the very quiet couple at the next table were also enjoying our conversation more than their own. They seemed to be hanging on our every word. I do have the tendency to clap like a seal when I laugh uproariously though so it's not exactly "reserved" and we did do an awful lot of laughing. And last night, had a phone call from Newfoundland to learn that my close friend Christine is coming out to BC (either Vic or Van) for my birthday weekend for a visit! Yahoo!
  • As for the hospital,I had a good afternoon technically on Monday when I was successful on my first try intubating a couple of kids & even doing 2 IV starts with one hand - I felt like MacGyver! Although really it's due to the fantastic instruction from the doctor I was with. So all in all, not bad. I'm just hoping that this uptick continues and culminates during my exams in anaesthesia & orthopedics on Friday. 2 more days...Can't WAIT!

2 comments:

KLR said...

Yay!! So happy things are looking up. I can't wait for the birthday festivities, and only 2 more weeks until our eating extravaganza....

Unknown said...

The clapping like a seal when you laugh made me chuckle (no I didn't clap like an otter or anything while I did that). I do remember you doing that sort of physical action when you are having a rip-roaring good time.