- Well, it seems that I've come back to my world of many to do items - starting my new emergency medicine rotation today with taxes outstanding, computer problems and telephone line problems. argh. Sometimes I think if I had a personal assistant for just 3 days I could get on top of everything. Oh well, as it is it will just take me several weeks to get there. Such is life.
- My elective was fantastic. I took a couple of courses at a place called The Haven on Gabriola Island based on the work of a renowned therapist named Virginia Satir. It's hard to describe the course I took there in any way that will do it justice. So I think i won't even try to - if you're interested talk to me live. But not only was the content great, it was led by an amazing 89 year old woman named Maria Gomori whose insight, vitality and wisdom was truly inspiring. I hope that I can be that 'alive' and still making such a contribution at 89! Our sessions ran from 9-noon, 3-6pm and 7-10pm daily and she would stay until 8pm with us everyday. And she just had surgery in January for lung cancer. Amazing! Anyway, suffice to say that the training I've received at the Haven is unlike any other I've ever done and if I could, I'd send everyone I know there. If you're curious to learn more, check out the video on their website. It tries to capture some of the spirit and intention of the place. And if you have the opportunity to do any of the other courses with Maria Gomori like the one offered in August - I'd go for it. You're guaranteed to learn something about yourself.
I was hopeful to get in to medicine, now I'm wanting to stay hopeful IN medicine. This is one of the ways I do that.
Monday, June 22, 2009
Elective review
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment