- I often find myself goofing off - mid-week, weekend, pretty much anytime. Whenever I do this, I have a weighty sense of guilt and find that I slink away from my house thinking that I should be studying except that I've found something more interesting, fun, intriguing or basically SOCIAL to do. But as I pull away from my house and upon my return, I am aware of "the light".
- One of my classmates lives downstairs in the main floor apartment of the house where I live. She is extremely studious and very introverted (and nice). In theory, since our rotation schedule doesn't match up, I could say that she's just on a different study schedule than I am. The truth is, however, that I'm convinced that her study schedule has at least 50% more studying in it than mine does. She's always studying - morning, noon and night. Weeknight, weekend. And when she is, she has her study light on. This is "the light" that mocks me as I run to and from the house in various stages of procrastination. Perhaps I need to sneak in there sometime and hook it up to a clapper, so that with a few little dance moves on my floor in my old tap shoes I can turn off the dreaded light. :)
I was hopeful to get in to medicine, now I'm wanting to stay hopeful IN medicine. This is one of the ways I do that.
Wednesday, February 11, 2009
The warning light
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
Her little light is all well and good, but who's having more fun? Your life right now sounds far more enviable than hers, and you're doing just fine school-wise, so what's the problem?
I DO like the surreptitious Clapper idea though....
Run away from the light Jody ... away ...
hehe, thanks guys!
Post a Comment