I was hopeful to get in to medicine, now I'm wanting to stay hopeful IN medicine. This is one of the ways I do that.
Sunday, November 09, 2008
pass
Mostly dropping in to say that I'll write more next weekend when I have more than a handful of hours to call my own. Internal medicine is intense - choc-o-blocked with lectures, clinical work, patients with 20 problems and on 40 medications at a time (only slight exaggeration) and...not for me. That's the main thing I've learned in this 2 weeks. It's not for me. Mostly because as far as I can tell, general internal medicine is more about the science than about the people. And I'm all about the people with a side-helping of science. So I'm going to "pass" on internal medicine - let's hope I pass so I don't have to have a double dose of it this year!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment