I was hopeful to get in to medicine, now I'm wanting to stay hopeful IN medicine. This is one of the ways I do that.
Sunday, April 20, 2008
a long lost hello from the depths of hell
That's a bit dramatic but I am busy studying away these days and yet somehow being perpetually behind. argh. There's a lot going on in the brain, I tell ya.
The news with me? This week I found out that I got my top choice in rotation order next year - the BIG THREE first (pediatrics, internal medicine, surgery) and then the little ones after Christmas. Yippee! And the group of classmates I'm in with is good too. More horseshoes up my bum it seems. (well, I may fail my upcoming exams and therefore put that statement to rest) While that is my top choice, it means that I fully expect to be sweating it out big time in the fall with a steep and often painful learning curve, with liberal doses of humiliation and sleeplessness. Hopefully there will also be generous doses of learning from/feeling connected to patients that reignites my enthusiasm for studying medicine, helps me find the energy to keep going and puts it all in perspective. Essentially, the roller coaster ride kicks into high gear this fall. And I expect that you will benefit by getting some interesting stories.
Otherwise, this Friday I am being assessed on my suturing abilities so I'm spending tomorrow at lunchtime sewing up a pig hock and trying to make it look pretty. And tonight...better get back to the books. Sorry it's been so long. I will be an infrequent and intermittent poster until May 28th (last day of exams) and then you won't be able to shut me up. :) Thanks for checking in.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment