Sunday, January 28, 2007

Looking up

Finally the sun decided to make a guest appearance this weekend. It's been a long time! It was beautiful here and I made the best of it by frolicking all weekend - outside walking around, saw the movie Volver (a so-so rating, I give it a 6/10), meals with friends, including a chance to go to my favourite Vic restaurant, the delicious and delightful ReBar. I was happily surprised last week when the claymation on our mystery microbe came together very well! It was a 2 scene play with soundtrack, all in 4 minutes. A soundtrack, you ask? C/o one of my team's cellphone ringtones which provided hip-happenin' tunes for the intermission (aka set change for scene 2) and the closing credits (one of which being "Soundtrack: Kristi's phone"). It was good fun. I'll let you know if it makes it on to Youtube. And.... I was thrilled to get the news today about my Christmas exams. They went well!! Even that pesky week that I screwed up on the midterm. Just be sure not to rely on me to calculate your chance of contracting some rare disease if your 5th cousin, twice removed had it. That's not my forte. :) You'll all be happy to know that you will now have a brief reprieve from my whining until June when the next round of exams begins.

1 comment:

Vee said...

Yay, Jod! Congrats on your Christmas exam results. I will spread the word with all your CB friends. In the meantime, applause from me!

Best,

Vee