Friday, February 19, 2010

O Canada

  • This is a love letter to the CBC.
Dear CBC Radio,
  • I love you. You make me feel like I have a buddy with me wherever I am in the country. When I was in London ON studying there, I remember feeling like I had friends in my living room as I listened to Definitely Not the Opera on Saturday afternoon or Rex Murphy on Sundays. Now, it's Bob Mackowycz on Radio 2 in the morning while I'm in Moncton NB puttering around my kitchen getting ready to start the day.
  • CBC Radio 2 - I'm still a bit disappointed with your poor judgment in swapping Tom Allen for an afternoon time slot vs his fantastic morning show. I loved his interesting wacky newsy bits vs the musical trivia that Bob favours. But Bob isn't such a bad substitute. He's definitely a "Plan B" though.
  • Regardless, I'm happy that you accompany me wherever I go and help dispel some of the loneliness that would otherwise set in. Plus, I just think you're cool - in a smart, understated, Canadian kinda way. Thanks for always being there.
Warmly, Me
  • PS Sorry for the bullets, I'm still having trouble with formatting. ugh.

No comments: