- Well, the “BIG 3” are done. I think. I hope. Now all that’s left is the “little seven”. I’ve started this week in Psychiatry, which I’ll be doing for the next 6 weeks. Hopefully things will pick up as this afternoon I was literally swallowing my yawns during patient interviews. I think that’s because I wasn’t actually conducting the interview, so sitting in a chair listening for the afternoon of one hour appointments was painful after the quickie visits & action packed days of surgery. Also, I may still be recuperating from my fantastic weekend filled with family and friends. I must say that only having a full weekend off every 8 weeks or so certainly causes one to make the days jam-packed.
- It started off with a party with my classmates' condo, then a weekend with my girlfriends from my business days. We had our annual spa retreat by staying in Victoria and going to the spa. It was great. I dragged along a couple of local friends too, so it turned out to be a really wonderful day filled with breakfast at my favourite spot, a pedicure in the afternoon, a quick power nap and then an evening of dinner, laughing & chocolate fondue! Sunday included more laughing with those girlfriends, lunch with my family & some close family friends visiting from London ON, errands and then an impromptu wine tasting & chaucuterie outing with my good friend Rika. I definitely felt like I was on vacation! Which I was - briefly. Now it’s back at it.
- Speaking of which, I’d better hit the books. I’ll keep you posted as things unfold during this rotation. I expect it won’t all be snooze-worthy. I definitely perked up today as a young man with violent thoughts & a hate-on for women was interviewed by my supervisor. I’ll be keeping my “panic button” handy, just in case. I'm actually a little freaked out by the idea that I've been given a panic button. Yikes.
I was hopeful to get in to medicine, now I'm wanting to stay hopeful IN medicine. This is one of the ways I do that.
Monday, March 02, 2009
In recovery
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment