Sunday, October 07, 2007

Poor memory + Med school = Lethal combo

Lately I’m feeling that my sense of being the grandma of my class may have more to do with the state of my memory than my age. We’ll be in a small group or in class and one of my classmates will start rambling off the details about some organ system or some disease that I have already studied, but of which I seem to have no apparent recollection. It’s quite disturbing as I hear them spout off descriptions in minute detail that seem vaguely familiar but somehow out-of-reach. This trend seems to cover not just material that we covered last semester, but even info from a few weeks ago! Argh. Any good memory tips out there? I know about this mnemonic website (which is quite good) – does anyone know of an online mnemonic generator?

No comments: