I was hopeful to get in to medicine, now I'm wanting to stay hopeful IN medicine. This is one of the ways I do that.
Monday, August 27, 2007
Heaven & Hell (a bit dramatic but catchy, non?)
Today I had confirmation (once again) that I live in paradise. I was walking on Willows Beach when I see some people standing on their front porches staring out over the water & pointing. When I asked what they were looking at they directed me to the bay right in front of the beach where there was a pod of killer whales playing around. Everyone stood/sat around watching them play for 15 minutes or so and then as they started to move out of the bay I went on my way. Pretty spectacular. I then came home and cooked up a meal of veggies fresh from my parents’ garden. Yum. Life is good.
On the school front, things are back in full swing. Our “orientation” to 2nd year consisted of a ½ hour talk at 7:30am before our lectures started. Then we went off to our usual routine for a Monday morning of small group work and lectures. At lunch time, in lieu of our lunch hour, we were treated to a 40 minute talk on how much more intense 2nd year is, with a special emphasis on the importance of professionalism. I don’t know of any unprofessional people in my class but I gather that they’re trying to emphasize that building our reputations in the medical community has already begun (profs & tutors we see now will have us in their offices/operating rooms for our clinical work). Not a bad thing to emphasize, though they may want to remind people that posting drunken pictures of themselves on facebook may not exactly build the kind of reputation they’re seeking. At least they should change their privacy settings so only their friends can see. Just a thought.
By the way, if people can write a comment occasionally it will reassure me that i'm not just musing to myself of this thing. If you click on "Comments" and then choose "other" you don't have to have any kind of account to make a comment. Feel free.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
Hey Jody, you are not just musing to yourself. I am reading and sharing with Jonathan. He loves your stories as much as I do. My picture is up on facebook now. You convinced me, though I much prefer personal emails, not facebook emails- one less step to go through. This fall will be a busy one, but I feel like I am getting to know the teachers much better already with the various chats we have had in these start up days. Looking forward to the year. Take care and keep writing.
Thanks D for your quick feedback!
Don't worry. We're here and reading. Keep the posts coming!
Post a Comment