Monday, October 09, 2006

Quickie

No, I haven't dropped off the face of the earth. This week we have our first midterm and I've been spending my evenings trying to catch up on my studying. Went to Vic for turkey for the day on Sunday and a nice visit with family- YUM! (thanks mom) Went to a pediatrics talk on Wednesday night and found that the more I hear about specialities, the more I'm drawn to family practice for the variety that you get to see there. I know that pediatrics would be varied, but I guess I didn't think about the child abuse cases and behavioural disorders that you'd see an overabundance of just because you're specializing in kids. Also from what the physician said, it's the worst paid specialty and the hours suck. I'll hold off deciding for sure until I do that rotation but I can't say I'm leaning in that direction. Stay tuned for another post, post-midterm (aka after Thursday).

No comments: