Monday, October 23, 2006

Kickin' into high gear

Today I think I reached the end of the phase in the prelude to studying I like to call "Productive Procrastination". I call it productive because I believe it is a valid part of my study process. It certainly seems to be a consistent one. It is usually a fairly lengthy period that endures until I have worked myself into a sufficient state of fret and panic that I then move into the actual studying phase. I think this morning, with the help of a conversation with an equally panicked classmate, I crossed the threshold. I then went on to study for 6 hours after school. Not bad. However, I'm hoping that unlike the usual transient adrenaline-rush state, that this one has some staying power. Say about 4 years of staying power. :) Well, maybe at least until Christmas?

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I never would have pegged you as a procrastinator. I happen to be the queen of all procrastinators and have been seen reading Cosmo at the medical library while productively procrastinating for my actuarial exams. Glad that you still have time to update your blog in your state of fret and panic.