I was hopeful to get in to medicine, now I'm wanting to stay hopeful IN medicine. This is one of the ways I do that.
Sunday, August 27, 2006
One more sleep!
Well, school starts tomorrow and I'm nervously excited & worrying about stupid things like whether my new haircut makes me look like a boy and what the right outfit will be (I haven't decided yet). I feel like I'm starting grade 7 all over again, the night before which I was inconsolable about the fact that I had a brown bookbag that I felt was utterly uncool for a GIRL and certain to get me laughed out of school. A bit anti-climatic as I expect this recent bout will be. :>
Had a lovely last-night-out-of-summer picnic on the beach tonight with some friends. It was a great way to mark my last night of freedom before I start on my latest 6+ year journey.
While I didn't feel like B-school people were intimidating because of their accomplishments, for some reason I feel like I will be seriously overwhelmed (and impressed) by my class of crackerjack uber-fit socialites that choose to volunteer at night rather than sleep. I have no doubt that they'll be a fantastic group of people and I look forward to meeting them all tomorrow. I know that a couple of names are familiar from my Biochem class & my MCAT prep course last summer, which is kinda of reassuring. Anyway, I know that everyone is waiting with baited breath to hear about how it goes so I promise to keep you informed right here as often as I can manage/want to spend another hour at the computer. And please do post a comment on occasion so I know that someone, somewhere is listening. Cheers!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment