I was hopeful to get in to medicine, now I'm wanting to stay hopeful IN medicine. This is one of the ways I do that.
Sunday, October 09, 2011
Study funk
I have a big exam coming up - my licensing exam. But despite my enormous need to study, I am having the hardest time putting my nose to the grindstone. There are so many more fun distractions: talking to friends on the phone, tv, computer, well that's really all because I seem to not be allowing myself to leave the house when I'm not at work. It's hard to be thrown into a new city every few months. You have to scope out the grocery store, and other essentials (a nice coffee shop) and for some reason, it seems like going to a park by myself in a city I'm only going to be in for another 1 1/2 weeks is insurmountable. Too bad really. It was a beautiful day today. 23 degrees and sunny. crazy warm for mid-October. I don't have shorts here either. So I stayed in and tried to be productive before yet another busy call shift tomorrow. At least I had a yummy roast chicken tonight given that my family & fiance are having Thanksgiving dinner together tomorrow in BC. Wish I was there.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment