- This morning I took what was intended to be a brief interlude from studying which has turned out to be taking the whole morning off. Oops. It started with reading an excellent article by Stephanie Nolen at the Globe and Mail and her reflections on her last 5 years as the Africa correspondent. I have looked forward to her articles during this time, because it is so rare to hear news from the entire continent of African countries and even rarer to gain insight into the lives of people living there. So I'm quite sad to hear that she's moved on to India and yet wondering if her transition will pique my interest in learning more about that country. I do hope the Globe continues to have a reporter on the ground in Africa to share more of those important and seldom told stories.
- Anyway, reading that prompted me to take some more time off & chat with a few friends and generally goof around this morning without accomplishing anything. I've been basking in the delightful thought of being able to read a full newspaper in PRINT next weekend and listen to not just Molly Johnson's CBC Radio 2 morning show, but even have time for Stuart McLean's Vinyl Cafe which follows it! Oooo, I am a bit of a geek really but it is these small pleasures that I am sooo looking forward to starting next Friday! Bring on the holidays (following a series of successful exams, I hope).
I was hopeful to get in to medicine, now I'm wanting to stay hopeful IN medicine. This is one of the ways I do that.
Saturday, December 13, 2008
The seduction of study breaks
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment