Saturday, November 03, 2007

Post-interview update

Well, the interview seemed to go well but I’ll find out whether I’ve gotten accepted by mid-December so I’ll be sure to keep you all posted. The woman that interviewed me was a nurse from the interior and is involved in administration with the BC Nurse’s Union. I took it as a good sign that she told me I was a very strong candidate at the end of the interview. But even better (?) was that I managed to share my enthusiasm for SASSY, told her about the sassyshares blog, and encouraged her to start one in the interior. She was asking me some more (off the record) questions about it at the end of the interview and I think she’s going to seriously consider starting one up! Yay!! If the only thing I get out of the interview is the beginning of another citizen-action group in the Okanagan then I think that’s a big success. However, I’d LOVE to get accepted to attend the leadership conference in June, I must say – it sounds SOOO cool. There will be 16 groups, each of 14 people, sent to the various provinces & territories to learn about the issues faced by that region. Because of the crazy intense travel schedule over 8 days (by bus/train/boat/plane/automobile), each group travels with a logistics person from the Armed Forces (neat,eh?). The days run from 6:30am – 10 pm or midnight with meetings with companies, touring community groups, meeting with public officials and then evening group discussions to pull it all together. Everyday your group sends a report into the Governor General and then at the end, we put on a presentation for the GG, the Chair of the conference and all the other participants in Ottawa. It sounds amazing & I’m definitely crossing my fingers that all will work in my favour. In the meantime, my 3-day birthday festivities kicked off this morning with an early birthday breakfast with my classmates at my favourite Victoria restaurant. I have the feeling that this is going to be my best year yet.

3 comments:

KLR said...

Yay!!! Congrats on the interview. It sounds amazing. I'll keep my fingers crossed, but I'm sure you're a shoo-in!

Anonymous said...

Jody,
third time attempting to leave msg..not sure why so difficult for me....been a while since reading your blog....what prompted me you ask?...thought of you while preparing a cup of peppermint tea this evening...hopefully you'll remember why i associate you and it together :) . am so glad to hear your term is going well and i hope your accepted into this program for june...sounds so interesting. i will continue to be a regular reader!!Kirst

hopeful md said...

Thanks Kirst - now I just have to become a regular writer again. :)