Tuesday, April 10, 2007

Back online

Yikes. You know it's bad when you have to try 10 times to guess your blogger password. I guess it's been a while. Actually, I know it's been a shamefully long time. I had been dating someone for the last couple of months and since I just wrapped that up, I should have more time for blogging. It's been hard to juggle seeing someone, studying and trying to see any other friends, I tell ya. I need a bit more practice with that. Hopefully I'll get some more practice soon. :) We're now studying the lungs - unfortunately for me, it's all physics which I didn't think I'd ever have to see again. ugh. I seem to be getting the hang of it though (plus I finally just received some textbooks that should help me muddle through).

Other highlights in the last month:

  • Went to Tigh Na Mara with girlfriends for a spa weekend -we rated it about a 6.5/10 vs the Kingfisher's 9.5/10. It's still set up to be more of a family summer place than a spa retreat per se. A bit too much of a campy feel.
  • Had a LOVELY dinner with family to celebrate Mom & Dad's 40th wedding anniversary last month at Rosemeade here in Victoria. The dinner and atmosphere were top notch - I HIGHLY recommend it!
  • Bought my Ireland tix - June 15-July 1st. And I'm excited to be taking a course on Integrative Medicine at Hollyhock in July. I'm thinking about doing an elective in 4th year at the U of Arizona because of their program and this course is taught by 5 of the faculty. A great 'taste test' in my own neck of the woods. As for the rest of my summer, I have a big stack of books I want to read, some shadowing I'm hoping to do and some hours I intend to kill doing nothing. Should be lovely!
  • Tonight I went to the Victoria Green drinks on the prompting of my friend Rika who organizes the Vancouver version. I must say it felt good to meet some enviro friends and run into some old biology contacts and just generally feel like I was with a crowd of like-minded types. Very comfortable and comforting! I'll be going back for sure. Thanks for the encouragement Rika.

Anyway, off I go to again to get lost in the lung or start working on a paper on crystal meth. It's amazing what drudgery writing a paper can be when you don't find the topic you've chosen to be that interesting. Not 8 pages worth anyway. hmmmm.

No comments: